Geordie Bottomley / INFO
Experienced Video Editor with a demonstrated history of working in the fine art industry. Skilled in Graphics, Film, Editing, Adobe suite. Strong media and communication professional with a Bachelor of Arts – BA focused in Fine/Studio Arts, General from Leeds Beckett University.
1st Class Honours in Fine Art
Young Turks/XL Recordings — Music Videos/Freelance
March 2020 – Present
- Shot, edited and directed numerous music videos and edited a live session, working with artists such as Ethan P. Flynn and Black Country, New Road.
- Worked with archival footage, directed on location shoots, created analogue video effects and titles and graphics.
- Was trusted to experiment freely while also working with the artist to create their vision.
Viking Arms Ltd — Video Editor/Freelancer
July 2019 – Present
- Edited promotional and educational films.
- Animated existing logos, colour graded and made platform specific adverts.
FKC London — Video Editor/Intern
- Created Instagram adverts for Superdrug’s 2020 Mother’s Day campaign.
- “Mothers Day through the ages” brief, required me to research different eras to stylize and encapsulate accurately.
- Edited using Premiere Pro using stock and archival footage, chosen by me to fit the brief.
- Created title graphics and animations using After Effects.
Vision Streetwear — Filming/Video Editor
- Commissioned by Urban Nerds London to create 3 campaign adverts for the debut popup shop.
- Tasked with removing the presence of one model after payment disputes.
- Tight deadline required me to be efficient and motivated.
- Made digital effects including creating a 3trins version of their logo.
Leeds Beckett University
2016 – 2019
Studied BA (Honours) Fine Art, graduated with a 1st.
2015 – 2016
Studied and passed a foundation course in Fine Art.